Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Time keeps on slippin slippin.....

And another huge block of time between posts.  What can I say?  Life happens.  It's more like work happens.  I barely took any photos, but I did however, have myself a great little time this past weekend!  After the horror story of having to step in and cover a sound gig for Husbunny (not my lack of skill, their piss poor attitudes), I was rewarded by a friend with a ticket to San Diego Comic Con!  SQUEEE!

Or so I thought.  I am completely appreciative of the pass.  I was totally disappointed with the con.  The toys were not new, or interesting, and I could buy them online!  The comics were few and far between.  It was all just very MEH.  I will not be missing it if I never go again.  Sad really.  I had such fun 7 years ago when I went!

If you are debating whether or not you need to go to Comic Con in San Diego,  don't bother.  You can come and enjoy all of the stuff they have outside, that you don't need a badge for, for free. Otherwise, don't bother with the ticket stress.

After Comic Con, I joined a friend for her weekly Drink and Draw event at bar in our 'hood.  I haven't sat down and purposefully drawn anything in 10 years.  I really enjoyed it!  It was so freeing to not need to please anyone, help anyone with a problem, fix anything, or be done by a certain time.  I had a pint, a pencil, and a pad of paper and just sketched the figure model they had come in.  I will definitely try to do this more.  Its a Sunday night, but I will make it work.

Other than that I have just been working my buns off!  Boring I know.  I get bored with blog posts that have have no picture, so here is a totally unrelated one for your viewing pleasure.




No comments:

Post a Comment